Understanding that travel plans change and sometimes need to be delayed, we’ve listened to your feedback and established an innovative new level of customer service and flexibility designed to ensure that if you need to cancel or delay a trip, you’ll be able to find another time to take your next, great life-changing adventure.
Starting now, Your deposit is good for life!
A travel industry first, Lifetime Deposits offer any of our passengers forced to delay a departure to now retain their initial deposit for use at a later date at no extra charge—and with no questions asked. The Lifetime Deposit policy allows you to save your initial deposit (one per person, per confirmed tour) for an unlimited time, be it 10 weeks or 10 years. Put simply, we want to do the right thing by our travellers and ensure you can still take another trip if your plans have to change.
“We see this as an opportunity to once again demonstrate our commitment to leading with service and change this industry-standard practice,” G Adventures founder Bruce Poon Tip said. “We want to foster happiness and a sense of community among our travellers and we understand that providing this extra flexibility will only enhance their travel experiences with us.”
Imagine the possibilities
We also realize that your travel preferences can change over time, so your Lifetime Deposit can be used on any future tour and is not limited to the destination on your original booking. Use your Lifetime Deposit to select the dream trip that suits your interests when you plan your next adventure—maybe you’ll choose to sail the Galapagos Islands, trek overland in Africa, or cruise around Antarctica—no matter the preferred trip, we have an adventure for everyone!
Under the new policy, Lifetime Deposits are also transferable. That means you can transfer your initial deposit to another traveller of your choice at no additional charge—is there any better way to give the gift of adventure? If you’re feeling generous, you can even donate your deposit to our non-profit Planeterra Foundation. We’ll then match the value of your donation.*
“Our passengers are telling us that they need flexibility now more than ever,” Poon Tip added. “This new policy fits in perfectly with our core mission to provide the best customer service in the industry, which is an essential part of the life-changing adventures that our loyal travellers have come to expect from G Adventures.”
What you need to know about Lifetime Deposits:
- You will be issued one Lifetime Deposit per cancelled tour and per person confirmed on the tour, to the value of the deposit made on that tour
- Lifetime Deposits are not issued for expired options nor tours cancelled by force majeure
- Lifetime Deposits cannot be combined and are limited to one per tour booked per person
- If the value of the Lifetime Deposit exceeds the total value of the per person price of the new tour, there will be no credit or refund of the difference
- The value of the Lifetime Deposit is limited to the amount of the original deposit, such that if the deposit requirements of the new tour being booked are higher than this amount, then the difference must be paid in order to confirm the booking
- Private Groups & Customized adventures may be exempt from Lifetime Deposits
- If you cancel a second time, having used your Lifetime Deposit to confirm your 2nd tour, your original Lifetime Deposit will be cancelled and a new Lifetime Deposit will be issued to you, to the value of the deposit amount of the second tour
- Lifetime Deposits, nor any portion of them, are not refundable in cash - but you can use your Lifetime Deposit to confirm your next tour booking with us with no cash down, with the exception of where the required deposit on the new tour exceeds the value of the original deposit
When you're ready to book another adventure with us simply use your Lifetime Deposit to confirm your tour!
*Applies to the “deposit” value of your payment only. See G Adventures terms and conditions for “deposit” amounts. All other permit and final payment amounts subject to G Adventures most recent terms and conditions. Not redeemable with any other offer, discount or promotion. Transfer of deposit as a gift valid on new bookings only.
View our full Terms and Conditions on our Terms and Conditions page.